Mr. Emil Tumbev graduated from Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Faculty of Law (LL.M. 2008). He joined Dimitrov, Petrov & Co. Law Firm in 2008. He is an experienced litigator and works on in-court, arbitration and execution proceedings, participates in debt collection and insolvency procedures, and has significant track record in cases related to contractual law and commercial law.
Mr. Tumbev has significant experience in negotiations, preparation of out-of-court agreements and court settlements. Over the years, he has led to a successful outcome a considerable number of commercial lawsuits of clients in the construction industry, pharmaceutical industry, foods and beverage industry, security services, as well as hospitals.
Mr. Tumbev is also an Industrial Property Attorney in the sphere of trade marks, geographical indications and industrial design at the Patent Office of the Republic of Bulgaria. He participates in a number of seminars on the Civil Procedure Code and the Commercial Act.
– Represents Higia EAD in different court and execution procedures for recovery of a EUR 20 million portfolio of commercial debts from more than 200 debtors;
– Provides court representation to Higia EAD in five insolvency proceedings and the connected preferential claim procedures before Bulgarian courts, including the Supreme Court of Cassation;
– Provides court representation of Baustoff and Metal Marsil OOD in over a hundred debt collection execution procedures as well as assistance in the negotiations and the conclusion of a number of court and out-of-court agreements;
– Prepares standard framework sale agreements for Baustoff and Metal Marsil OOD and advises on the relevant collaterals and guarantees;
– Represents in court and execution procedures one of the biggest hospitals in Bulgaria for collection of amounts due under Acts of deficiency in accounts issued by the Public Financial Inspection Agency;
– Exclusive advisor of the Bulgarian trader in sunflower Si Ko OOD in the settlement of commercial relations with suppliers – framework and in the legal representation in commercial cases and execution procedures;
– Represents a construction materials wholesale store in court and execution proceedings initiated against its trading partners;
– Represents and advises a syndic of several insolvent companies with regard to preferential claim procedures;
– Member of the DPCo team which assisted the conservators of Corporate Commercial Bank AD (in insolvency) in the full and thorough legal analysis of more than 95% of the EUR 2.9 billion credit portfolio of the bank as part of the asset evaluation exercise assigned by the Bulgarian National Bank.
Mr. Tumbev is a member of the Sofia Bar Association.
He is fluent in English.