Mr. Encho Simeonov is a senior associate at Dimitrov, Petrov & Co., which he joined in 2010. He possesses a broad range of legal expertise in the fields of commercial litigation and arbitration, insolvency, debt collection and medical malpractice cases.
As a junior judge, he gathered significant experience in civil and penal procedure.
Mr. Encho Simeonov has led to a successful outcome a considerable number of disputes across a wide range of industries. He possesses in-depth knowledge and experience to represent clients in insolvency procedures under the Bulgarian Commercial Act and has successfully consulted the insolvency, reorganisation and liquidation of some of the biggest industrial enterprises in Bulgaria. In recent years Mr. Simeonov has become heavily involved in complex medical malpractice disputes ranging from serious personal injuries to medical malpractice birth injuries.
– Part of the team that represents Hygia AD in the debt recovery of a EUR 20 million portfolio of commercial debts from more than 200 debtors;
– Advises Fox International Channels Bulgaria EOOD on several lawsuits for collection of receivables under license contracts with cable operators and under contracts with Ministry of Agriculture and Food for commercial videos broadcasting;
– Represents Gorichene Energy EOOD in a commercial arbitration case against the National Electricity Company before the Court of Arbitration at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry under a claim for contractual damages;
– Provides full court representation to four of the major hospitals in Bulgaria and one of the most renowned plastic surgeons on 10 pending medical malpractice cases with a total matter value of EUR 2 million;
– Defends an international credit insurer in a lawsuit for collection of alleged insurance amounts;
– Provides court representation to Zepter-Bulgaria EOOD;
– Successfully represented Baustoff and Metal Marsil OOD in a court dispute with regard to the settlement of a commercial dispute;
– Assists Anona Trade EOOD with regard to cross-border debt collection;
– Represents in court a major trader in grain in cassation proceedings before the Supreme Court of Cassation in a commercial dispute;
– Reversed the outcome of a complex case concerning unlawful enforcement before the Supreme Court of Cassation, paving the way for the Court to publish an interpretative decision;
– Represented Astaldi S.p.A in a complicated dispute with regard to the implementation of the EUR 162 million Parvomai – Svilengrad railway construction project involving complex pre-court interim measures;
– Won on behalf of one of the biggest hospitals in Sofia a lawsuit with regard to a complex medical case connected with allegations for causing a skull fracture during a postpartum period;
– Successfully suspended the execution procedure under the Registered Pledges Act against the commercial enterprise of the owner of “My Day” trademark in extremely difficult and rare for the Bulgarian market proceedings with a mater value of EUR 4 mln;
– Achieved a rare reversal by the Supreme Court of Cassation of a final decision of a civil court on the grounds of conflict with a decision of a criminal court;
– Contributed to the unification of the jurisprudence in the field of bankruptcy law by approaching the Bulgarian Supreme Court of Cassation for analysing the correlation between the grounds for opening insolvency proceedings – “over-indebtedness” and “insolvency”. The court fully adopted Mr. Simeonov's arguments that both grounds are independent and could be joined cumulatively or eventually;
– Managed to successfully reverse the outcome of complicated proceedings before the Sofia Court of Appeal with regard to payment under a promissory note with a value of EUR 600,000;
– In a lawsuit before Sofia City Court and Sofia Regional Court managed to put an end to a widely spread vicious practice among real estate agencies to impose penalties to their clients;
– Successfully represented the subsidiary of the largest telecommunications group in the Nordic and Baltic region and a leading global player in the raw materials industry in proceedings for precautionary measures concerning the collection of receivables from their counterparties;
– Represented in court one of the largest publishing houses on the Bulgarian market in several lawsuits regarding copyright disputes;
– Successfully represented the biggest Brazilian media group Globo Comunicação e Participações S.A. in the negotiations with one of the major Bulgarian televisions in an issue, related to rights under a television format.
Mr. Encho Simeonov is a member of the Sofia Bar Association and founder of Student Law Organization and of the Legal Development Organization.
He speaks English fluently.