Att. Pavlina Ivanova is Senior Associate in Dimitrov, Petrov & Co. Law Firm which she joined in 2006. She has graduated from Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Faculty of Law. Her current practice focuses on Real Estate law, Construction law, Commercial law, Intellectual Property law and litigation.
Pavlina has extensive experience in providing comprehensive legal services to domestic and foreign clients through the whole process of investment in real estates – legal analyses and due diligence, negotiations, acquisition, construction, renting and sale of buildings, in condominium relationships, etc. She has significant experience in preparation of different types of contracts and consultations on property acquisition, lease procedures and the full range of activities regarding the construction process and property management.
In 2015, Pavlina Ivanova has been awarded a scholarship by the Real Estate Section Scholarship 2015 of the International Bar Association. She is also a Trade Mark, Geographical Indications and Industrial Design Attorney at the Patent Office of the Republic of Bulgaria.
Real estate and construction law experience:
– Represented the big supermarket chain CBA Varna OOD in administrative procedures before Varna Municipality and administrative courts on the status of one of its stores;
– Since 2012 has been providing legal assistance to a major domestic market player with regard to the purchase and renting of business real estates and land plots for gas fuel stations and the relevant litigation cases;
– Conducted full legal due diligence of the legal status of several nationwide and a regional fiber optic networks with regard to their acquisition;
– Successfully accomplished the acquisition of a portfolio of holiday apartments at the Black Sea resort of Aheloy on behalf of a Norwegian real estate investor;
– Engaged by a leading telecom operator for the preparation of a comprehensive analysis of the compliance of the Bulgarian legislation with Directive 2014/61/EU on measures to reduce the cost of deploying high-speed electronic communications networks;
– Provides legal assistance to Belvex OOD in the procedure of renting one of the top beaches along the Black Sea coast, including in the appeal of unlawful administrative acts issued by the competent authorities;
– Acts on behalf of a Bulgarian investor on the acquisition of several real estates at the Black Sea coast and in the city of Sofia, as well as prepares due diligence of 70 agricultural plots for the purpose to be used as collaterals;
– Provides overall legal support to a real estate company on the restructuring of its business, including the registrations in the Registry Agency and Property Agency;
– Provides legal assistance to a group of foreign clients in the procedure of issuance of exploitation permits for buildings bought off plan;
– Successfully represented a client before a regional civil court in her defence against wrongful bailiff’s actions concerning real estates.
IP law and other experience:
– Possesses significant experience in assisting domestic and foreign clients with regard to registration of trade marks, transfer of a set of intellectual and industrial property objects, preparation of licensing agreements, court representation regarding copyright disputes, etc.;
– Member of the DPCo team which assisted the conservators of Corporate Commercial Bank AD (in insolvency) in the full and thorough legal analysis of more than 95% of the EUR 2.9 billion credit portfolio of the bank as part of the asset evaluation exercise assigned by the Bulgarian National Bank;
– Part of the team which elaborated a comprehensive legal advice on a huge natural gas distribution project involving in-depth analysis of the legislation for encouragement of investments;
– Represents a leading hospital in Sofia before Sofia City Court and Sofia Court of Appeal in 5 lawsuits, 3 of which are based on medical malpractice allegations.
Ms. Ivanova is a member of Sofia Bar Association.
She is fluent in English and has a good command of Russian.