Ms. Desislava Krusteva is a partner at Dimitrov, Petrov & Co. Law Firm, which she joined in 2005. She is currently heading the Privacy & Data Protection Practice Group at the law firm.
For more than 12 years Ms. Krusteva has been advising large multinational and domestic companies on complex information management and privacy issues, advanced technological and cross-border projects from consultations on the very development of their business model to their launch and day-to-day implementation. She covers a wide range of legal matters in the area of ICT law, including privacy and data protection, information security and other special regimes of information, e-Commerce, e-Payments and e-Financial services, e-Healthcare, e-Government, e-Identification, e-Signatures and telecommunications.
Desislava Krusteva has actively participated in drafting numerous legislative and secondary normative acts on e-Governance, re-use of public sector information, e-Documents and e-Signatures, e-Communications, etc. Author of numerous reports and publications and legal expert in a large number of projects on the implementation of the European legal framework.
Ms. Krusteva is a regular speaker at conferences and trainings and lectures at the most prestigious Bulgarian universities.
– Legal counsel of Google (including YouTube) in local legal matters with a special focus on privacy, data protection, ICT law and regulatory issues with regard to its innovative business and technology projects for Central and Eastern Europe;
– Exclusive legal consultant of one of the leading Bulgarian mobile operators on a day-to-day basis with regard to its most complicated data protection, data retention and data security issues since 2009 and on various other regulatory issues;
– Provides day-to-day comprehensive legal advice and assistance to Fox Networks Group with regard to various regulatory and data protection issues, drafting and revision of privacy policies for websites and mobile applications, terms and conditions for different online services, promotions, etc.;
– Legal and regulatory advisor of the domestic non-banking financial institution Cash Credit EAD on the legal aspects of numerous projects for launching new services with regard to data protection, e-Identification, e-Signatures and compliance with the consumers’ protection laws;
– Legal consultant of leading international pharmaceutical companies on data protection matters;
– Provides full scope of legal counselling and assistance to PMA – Pharma Marketing Advisors with respect to the launch of innovative e-Health projects and the development and implementation of e-Health information systems for provision of monitoring and assistance services to specific groups of patients;
– Legal counsel of Jobs.BG on their day-to-day activities;
– Advised some of the Bulgarian leading banks with respect to introducing innovative products related to web-banking, including on security policies, general terms, contracts, tariffs, etc. aiming to strengthen the banks’ positions on the digital banking services market;
– Advised a leading international software company on various e-Commerce, telecom and privacy-related issues;
– Long-term legal consultant of Reader’s Digest through the whole period of its presence on the Bulgarian market on personal data protection, direct marketing and other issues;
– Consulted the leading Bulgarian entertainment website Net Info.BG on ICT law and privacy and data protection issues, including before the Administrative Court and the Supreme Administrative Court with regard to an appeal of a police order for disclosure of personal data and information;
– Advised Cellum Bulgaria on the launch of a revolutionary new service for electronic payments via mobile technology;
– Consulted the leading social network website Getlokal Bulgaria Ltd.;
– Involved in a large number of multinational EU Commission supported research projects with regard to a variety of legal issues, including preparation of initial drafts of EU legislative acts and collaboration with Interpol and numerous European universities.
She is a member of the Sofia Bar Association and the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP). She is also a Certified Information Privacy Professional Europe (CIPP/E) and a Certified Information Privacy Manager (CIPM) by IAPP.
She is fluent in English and has a good command of French.