Mr. Pencho Stanchev graduated cum laude from Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Faculty of Law in 2012.
He gained valuable experience as a legal advisor at the legal department of Corporate Commercial Bank AD before joining Dimitrov, Petrov & Co. Law Firm in 2015.
Currently his practice is focused mainly on litigation and arbitration, commercial law, contract law, tort law, insolvency, real estate law, construction law and banking law.
– Part of the team that advises Astaldi S.p.A in an ICC Arbitration with respect to a dispute on the final account after the completion of the Parvomai – Svilengrad railway project;
– Represents the private fund of Norwegian investors EPO Invest AS in a EUR 10 million insolvency procedure against the developer of one of the biggest residential complexes at the seaside resort of Aheloy;
– Represents Higia AD in a EUR 160,000 lawsuit against Multi-Profile Hospital Sv. Marina EAD, Varna with regard to claim for damages from abusive demanding of a performance guarantee under a procurement contract;
– Represents Higia AD in a number of debt collection cases;
– Represented Gorichane Energy EOOD in a commercial arbitration case against the National Electricity Company before the Court of Arbitration at the Bulgarian Chamber of Commerce and Industry under a claim for contractual damages;
– Represents a major utilities sector service provider in the appealing before the first and second instances of a significant number of penalty acts issued by the State Financial Inspection Agency;
– Consults one of the leaders in the printing industry in Bulgaria – Multiprint OOD in connection with debt collection through insolvency proceedings against one of the biggest Bulgarian retail chains;
– Represents a company specialising in PR services before the Sofia City Administrative Court in a procedure against the National Revenue Agency regarding a refusal of tax deduction to the amount of EUR 50 000 under the Value Added Tax Act;
– Represents a Bulgarian construction company as a respondent in a lawsuit against a major insurance company;
– Advised the Bulgarian electricity producer from RES Kunino Energy AD with regard to settling its relations with an insurance company and a major public utilities service provider.
Mr. Stanchev is a member of the Pazаrdjik Bar Association.
He is fluent in English.