Tsvetelina Georgieva graduated cum laude from Sofia University “St. Kliment Ohridski”, Faculty of Law in 2012 and joined Dimitrov, Petrov & Co. Law Firm shortly after, in 2013.
Her major area of specialization is litigation in civil and commercial cases, insolvency, security and enforcement procedures. She has experience in the field of tort and medical law.
– Part of the team that represents Hygia AD in the debt recovery of a EUR 20 million portfolio of commercial debts from more than 200 debtors;
– Provides full court representation to four of the major hospitals in Bulgaria and one of the most renowned plastic surgeons on 10 pending medical malpractice cases with a total matter value of EUR 2 million;
– Part of the team that won on behalf of one of the biggest hospitals in Sofia a lawsuit with regard to a complex medical case connected with allegations for causing a skull fracture during a postpartum period;
– Represents Telenor Bulgaria EAD in two commercial lawsuits against a telecommunication services provider in Bulgaria;
– Represents a major utilities sector service provider in the appealing before the first and second instances of a significant number of penalty acts issued by the State Financial Inspection Agency;
– Represents Fox International Channels Bulgaria EOOD in several lawsuits for collection of receivables under license contracts with cable operators and under contracts with the Ministry of Agriculture and Food for commercial videos broadcasting;
– Part of the team that reversed the outcome of a complex case concerning unlawful enforcement before the Supreme Cassation Court, paving the way for the Court to publish an interpretative decision;
– Represents a provider of consulting and agency services in the proceedings against a Bulgarian mall declared insolvent;
– Defends an international credit insurer in a lawsuit for collection of alleged insurance amounts;
– Represents appointed syndics in several insolvency proceedings and in procedures for replenishment of the insolvency estate;
– Assists Anona Trade EOOD with regard to cross-border debt collection;
– Part of the team that in a lawsuit before Sofia City Court and Sofia Regional Court managed to put an end to a widely spread vicious practice among real estate agencies to impose penalties to their clients;
– Represents in court a publicly known businessman and politician in several lawsuits for compensation of non-pecuniary damages suffered from defamatory and insulting statements.
Ms. Georgieva is a member of the Sofia Bar Association.
She speaks English fluently and has some knowledge of French.