Radina Tomanova is an associate at Dimitrov, Petrov & Co. Law Firm, which she joined in 2012 through the Law Firm’s trainee selection programme. She earned her master’s degree in law at the Faculty of Law of University of National and World Economy.
Her current legal practice is focused on corporate and commercial law, employment law, competition matters and public procurement, but also includes banking and finance law and EU law.
She is also a member of the winner team in the EUROPAEUS Moot court competition with regard to the law of the European Union, preliminary ruling before the European Court of Justice in the competition protection area, May 2014.
Corporate and Commercial experience:
– Part of the team that advises a multi-national holding structure based in the Baltic region and Bulgaria with regard to the establishing and day-to-day operation of its business;
– Part of the team that advised the venture capital fund NEVEQ II on the comprehensive investment in eMobility International AD (an electric vehicle charging infrastructure project), including the preparation of a legal due diligence;
– Part of the team that drafted the overall strategy, the structure and the implementation plan for the restructuring of the business of a major national economic player, including thorough competition analysis of risks in the field of concentration of undertakings;
– Part of the team that advised the venture capital fund NEVEQ II with regard to structuring and concluding of the investment in the technology-based corporation specialised in designing and manufacturing of access control and identification systems based on biometric patterns – BIODIT;
– Part of the team that prepared a legal due diligence with regard to the acquisition of a job agency by a Slovenian investor;
– Part of the team that advises one of the most important and innovative technology companies in Romania on its entering the Bulgarian market, which involves inter alia a number of corporate, employment and public procurement matters;
– Part of the team that consults a Georgian online broker its company establishment in Bulgaria and its activities in the Bulgarian market;
– Part of the team that provides comprehensive day-to-day legal counselling on corporate matters to MentorMate – a Bulgarian subsidiary of an American company for development of specialized web and mobile software.
Competition and Public Procurement experience:
– Part of the team that advised British American Tobacco in the merger control clearance by the Bulgarian Commission for Protection of Competition of the €100 million acquisition of leading brands of Bulgaria’s Bulgartabac Holding;
– Part of the team that advised the Bulgarian part of merger control clearance of the acquisition by the largest manufacturer of TVs in Europe Vestel Ticaret A.Ş. of Compal Electronics Europe sp. z o.o. within the scope of brand licensing agreement with Toshiba;
– Part of the team that consulted and developed jointly with the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) guidelines and additional paper policies for implementation of the public procurement legislation within the Project „Assistance in the Design and Implementation of the Bulgarian Public Procurement Training and Development Programme in the Frame of ESIF Ex-ante Conditionality Action Plan”, PA grant agreement ID No. CCI 2015CE16BAT100;
– Part of the team engaged to assist one of the largest Polish companies in the preparation of tender documentation for the participation in public procurement procedures for the design, construction, rehabilitation of railway infrastructure, carried out by the National Railway Infrastructure Company;
Banking and Finance law experience:
– Part of the team engaged by the biggest Bulgarian bank to perform a thorough examination of the legislation regulating the introduction and usage of an electronic signature and exchange of electronic documents when concluding contracts, including consumer loan agreements;
Ms. Tomanova is a member of the Sofia Bar Association and national representative for Bulgaria at the International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA).
She is fluent in English and has a good command of German.